Saturday, 24 March 2012

Around the Canals...

I've felt a lack of inspiration so early on in the project, so finding the canals was really lucky. I just find them so interesting, it's so so close to the city centre, but it's so quiet.

There wasn't many people around, it was the middle of the afternoon & after spending an hour there I only saw 3 other people. It's kind of like place is wasted, which is a shame & it's so peaceful.

Maybe the lack of people wandering round is why it's so peaceful? Who knows.



The geese were slightly frightening at first, they followed me round almost as though I was on their territory!

I did sit for quite a while, just listening to the sounds. The water, the wind & the occasional faint sound of a train going past.

I'm not sure just yet what it is I want to do with this project. I'm not confident that the imagery I'm finding is good enough & my ideas are changing everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment