Friday, 27 April 2012

Creating an atmosphere...

I've felt a huge sense of relief recently as I've finally been able to visualise an end point. Not being able to figure out where I wanted unit X to go has been really difficult, it's felt as though I've been carrying this big, black cloud over my head.

Speaking with people from other groups as well as tutors has really helped & made me realise that the literal mindset I was in wasn't doing me any favours. I needed to get that 'make a final piece' nonsense out of my head. And now that I've been able to chase away the rain cloud, I can finally think clearly about what it is I'm interested in & what it is that I love about art & textiles.

Right now, the focus is to create a space that is based on the canals around the city centre; however instead of thinking so much about the imagery I'm now thinking about an atmosphere. The areas around the canals have this sense of tranquility & calm. It might sound simple but it's just a lovely place to be & that's the kind of mood that I'd like to bring to the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment