So I thought it would be a good idea just to sum up Unit X & my end points.
To start with I found the whole concept really confusing, the thought of the final pieces being purely digital scared me a little & if I'm honest I wasn't happy with the thought of not actually making anything physical.
Once I figured out that the project could be whatever I wanted it to be, things got easier. I wish that I could have realised earlier on in the project what it was I wanted to create as the first few weeks were quite panicked. Realising that I wanted to make a public seating area was the turning point, as soon as I figured that out I felt as though the wheels could finally start moving.
If the seating area were to be real, the floor would be made of something reflective such as plastic or vinyl etc. The walls would be draped with a sheer, thin polyester or even muslin, enabling the colour projections to look less flat & more dream-like.
I've mentioned before that I've struggled to show my personality through my work so far on the course, however this time I really think I have. I've always had an interest in children's interiors & a tutor described my idea as almost a play area for 'big kids' and I loved that comparison.
No comments:
Post a Comment