There was a Titanic exhibition on that I found really moving, it was all about the passengers onboard rather than the incident itself; so who they were travelling with, where they were going & why, what class they were travelling in & then of course whether or not they survived. The idea was that you picked up a card on your way in with a photograph of a passenger on, with their name & details, then you followed their story through the exhibition until the end.
I also looked at the old paintings of the ships & docks, loving the painterly quality & the blends of colour. A lot of them where very dramatic & stormy, something which I wouldn't mind trying to bring into my own work.
Outside I found that the sun on the water was creating some calm, light ripple patterns on the water, a total contrast to what I just seen in the paintings in the museum.
No comments:
Post a Comment